Sunday, July 31, 2005

Walking Tall

I've walked on quite a few ppl in my life, so here's a little public "I'm sorry" directed out there towards a few specific individuals as part of my "less asshole" program.

Sean Knurek - been nothing but a stellar friend/roommate during what has/was the most difficult time in my life by far. How do I thank him? By no-showing his wedding. That he asked me to be in. And with no notice either. Granted it was either the wedding (in Michigan, a long drive for good ol' betsy) or my job, but regardless, how many times was Sean a man when he coulda said "go fuck yourself?" It's one of my biggest regrets over the past 5 years, and that's saying a lot, that I didn't just find a way to be there.

John Hunka - I've owed you money for pretty much the entire balance of our friendship. That's just not cool. Sorry, although I know you don't really mind.

Brendan Leigh - A "turn back time" sorry. I don't think I appreciated your friendship nearly enough for the first few years we were friends, and for that, I apologize. I think things are much better nowadays, but back in those days, you did me an awful lot of favors without ever expecting much in return, and for that I'm thankful.

Tim Aten - I talk about myself in so many of our chats it's scary, but you're always there with advice, no matter how little we talk. Thanks.

Matt Westfall - Again, money issues, and you never bring them up. Not only that, but you've moved into the coveted "guy I'd call if I was in jail in Dayton at 3:30 A.M" tier of friendship. Lucky you.

John Marks - When times were tough, you were as good a friend as could be for someone that barely knew me. Now that I'm busy, I don't make nearly enough time for you. Sorry.

I guess that's all for today, but I'm sure I'll think of more soon.

Songs of the Second:

The Get Up Kids - Fall from Grace
Bob Dylan (!?!) - Blowing in the Wind

1 Comments:

At 11:07 PM, Blogger Keith D. Engel said...

Hey Joe,
I know Sean wasn't to pleased about you not being at the wedding. I am not sure if he reads your blog and what not. I was not able to attend myself due to my own reasons. I do think in the lest you could have called him. I called him when I knew I was unable to make it, but for damn sure I wanted to be there and he knew it. I think Sean said it will take a while for him to talk to you though. Contact me when you get the chance I miss our talks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home