Tuesday, July 19, 2005

We Got Older, but We're Still Young

24 years old isn't the end of my life. Far from it in fact. I'm not sure what "act my age" means at 24, but regardless, I'm pretty sure it doesnt mean act like some demented combination of old man and immature jerk.

So yeah, I'm gonna try and make a concerted effort to find my niche as a 24 yr old. I just don't like the bar scene, it's that simple. Too many boombas and not enough meaning. If that means I'm not doing what 24 year olds are "supposed" to be doing, oh well. Granted it makes it more difficult to meet new people and especially women, but chances are, anyone I meet at the bar is gonna have an uphill battle in order to achieve any relevance in my life.

I like cover songs, no matter how contrived they come off. As a matter of fact, today's top 5 list is gonna be 5 random cover songs that I enjoy.

Fuck it, I'm going to shower.

1. Junior Varsity - Raining in Baltimore (cover of a Counting Crows song I love)
2. Yellowcard - Everywhere (Michelle Branch, the first Yellowcard song I heard)
3. New Found Glory - The Glory of Love (Peter Secada! Karate Kid FTW)
4. Get Up Kids - Close to Me (somewhere in my all-time T10, cover of The Cure)
5. Everyday Superheroes - Buddy Holly :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home