Friday, August 07, 2009

It's Happening. It's All Happening.

Holy shit. I'm getting better.

I'm starting to believe in myself again for the first time in so long. I am surrounded by people who believe in me, too. Before I go into my renaissance and the impetus behind it, I want to single out a few people by name because you deserve it. If you don't get mentioned here, I probably owe you thanks too, but these are the people on my mind.

Jeremy Rexroad - A fantastic roommate and a better man. Tons of late night talks to get me out of my funk. Believed that if something went right, it all could go right.

Cedric Phillips - Just read the post before this and you'll know

Brendan Leigh - More late night phone calls than anyone ever should have to deal with, even if they aren't profound, it's great to know that someone is always there for you when you need them.

Alex Talarico - A much better friend than I've given him credit for in the past. Is undergoing his own personal renaissance and getting married in 3 months. Called me after i got the new job (foreshadowing) just to tell me how proud he was of me.

Chris Czaplicki - A supportive man, always hosts the good times on various Saturday nights.

John Hunka - Talk to him everyday. Another true friend who has always been there.

My Family - Even when I spent forever letting them down, never stopped believing that maybe things could get back on track.

So what's going on? Well for starters, the Omnicare era is coming to an end one week from today. I took a new position as a Lead Technician at Euclid Hospital (a Cleveland Clinic facility). Along with a nice increase in pay, better benefits, and a new set of challenges to conquer, this means that I will be coming back to the Cleveland area full time. That's right bitches, that means I can actually have a life again and see my friends on a regular basis. Not only that, but I will be on day shift, meaning that I will be free in evenings like a normal human being.

I'm really excited. Things are going well. I have a new outlook on things, and one of the big places that shines through is with women. I am DONE trying to grovel to make women happy. I am what I am. And one of the things I am is a person who is plenty happy being single and hanging out with his friends whenever possible. I've decided that the work of being in a serious relationship (and let's be honest, to have any sort of solid relationship, you need to put in serious work) just isn't something that needs to be on my radar right now. I will continue to seek out the company of women for their fresh perspective on life, dinners, movies, and anything else that may transpire, but the idea of a committed relationship seems very poor with all that is going on.

This is probably the most positive blog I've ever written. I haven't felt this good about my future (even though I am a little nervous, but in the good way) since I was an actual teenager. All of this, and Rocco/Dirk/Cedric/Bosma and I have our Vegas trip in 10 days. LIVING THE DREAM! Just to top it off, my fantasy baseball team has come to LIFE and brought a smile to my face, and a girl that I actually manned up and emailed from eHarmony just hit me back with a very witty rejoinder. Life is so much easier when you have hope. And hope has returned.

Songs of the Second:
MC Lars - Hurricane Fresh (From the VAULT)
fun. - Be Calm
Girl Talk - Feed the Animals Album (Late to the party on this, but really awesome)
Cartel - Let's Go
Coheed and Cambria - Welcome Home

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Joe Mazz said...

Great post, congrats on the new job! I saw a lot facebook updates that something was going on, but glad to see it turned out to be a very positive situation for you. Great use of Almost Famous lines for title. Side note: If I'm not mistaken, that whole "from the VAULT" thing started when we used to hear songs from Rocco's Vault on the radio on the way back from school!

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Balex T Rex said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Balex T Rex said...

You should be very proud. Thanks for the mention - it means a lot that you think I helped you out in even a small way. Things are really coming together for everyone. I love it!

By the way, while we're going with Almost Famous lines...I expect to see you standing on top of a roof, ready to jump shouting "I AM A GOLDEN GOD!"

In all seriousness, I know you hate them, but I heard a line from The Eagles that really hit home today

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key"

Congratulations on finally unlocking your life!

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger ZaRocks said...

Hey man, great read and thanks for the kudos! Glad to hear the positive vibe.

I also wanted to thank you for all you've done for me in the past few years...it may not seem like much but you've introduced me to several new friends over the years and it's been a joy to have everyone around on Saturdays.

Let us continue on our winning ways!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home