Monday, July 14, 2008

Random Thoughts

So pretty much the last couple months have been a lot of do-nothing days, work has been crappy (lots of long stressful hours), I'm back to the whole "being alone" thing, and I haven't been as motivated as I should be to actually do stuff (and I mean anything). I'm sort of in a rut, but it's not a totally unproductive rut, more of a going-through-the-motions style of rut. I get up, do random stuff on the computer or run buffoonish errands, go to work, come home, chat with Jeremy, modo, etc, and go to sleep. I need to remember who I am and the freshness that must accompany that identity, so I decided to bust out the blog and actually write something of complete inconsequence to get the juiceseseseses flowing.

Let's start with my favorite trend of the past six months: girls doing Wii Fit and posting videos of it online. I'm not sure why this is so hot, but my guess is that a girl not only playing a video game, but a hot girl playing a video game in boy shorts or the like is just ridiculous to most gamers. A sample video, featuring Playboy Playmate Jo Garcia (one of the hottest women alive, imo, because she not only games but didn't answer her favorite games with Tetris or Dr. Mario, but instead Final Fantasy and Xenosaga), can be found here, and it's SFW surprisingly. Go on youtube and do a search if you want to see more, but for someone as jaded as myself to find something like this hot...color me surprised.

Since we're just going off the top of my head here, I think I'll throw a little shout-out to all the gamers that read this blog. One of my favorite things to do on Modo is to beat the person that preemptively ggs me when they don't have the sure win. Another favorite is when someone declines a split with me in the finals of an 8-4, and then I proceed to bash their faces while they whine about me "having it all." Side note: Playing a turn 6 Oona's Gatewarden does not constitute "having it all."

Enough gaming talk, back to stream of conciousness. I've been playing a lot of the facebook game "Scramble" aka Boggle with a nice group of my friends. I encourage any of you that have facebook to install this application and play with us, as it's a nice test for all of our brains and might even prevent a little bit of atrophy.

In other news, I've actually been getting some new music, so that might help to shake out some of the cobwebs of the past year. Some choice selections will follow in the postscript.

Actually I need to get in gear and go to the grocery store so that I can eat some fats, so I'll say goodbye for now - more music picks to come later this week.

Songs of the Second:
Relient K - Who I Am Hates Who I've Been (acoustic)
Death Cab for Cutie - Cath...
Avenged Sevenfold - Afterlife (sounds like video game music at the start)
All Time Low - Dear Maria, Count Me In
Alkaline Trio - Help Me
Plain White T's - Hate (I Really Don't Like You) - FROM THE VAULT
Foreigner - Double Vision - FROM THE VAULT
Bullet for My Valentine - Hearts Burst Into Fire - INEXPLICABLE PICK OF THE DAY

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home