Sunday, May 13, 2007

We Dreamt in Heist

SOOOOOO......SAN DIEGO?

That's right, I am now the proud winner of another vacation, this time to San Diego in late June, thanks to a dominating victory in Butler, PA with my partner-in-crime John Hunka. Magic may have been one of the biggest time-wasters in my young life, but it has let me see the world in ways I would never have gotten to do had I not played. So that's pretty exciting.

So what's going on in the deep, dark, depths of my mind? The current thing that I want to work on is being more positive and not letting myself get so worked up over dumb things (which is pretty much everything). Positive people have a much greater chance of success and I think that wallowing in sorrow all the time pretty much guarantees that I'll be alone for the forseeable future. So friends, if you see me with an extremo away msg up or chat with me and I start getting worked up over something trivial, call me out on it! I'm trying to self-monitor, but I can bet that I will slip up quite a bit, and a reminder not to make a huge deal out of nothing will help me a ton. Not everything can be perfect all the time, and rarely do things work out as planned, and I need to keep that in mind, so I am putting it here on (virtual) paper to remind me whenever I need it.

In other news, I'm still fighting the good fight. Trying not to get myself mixed up in any strong feelings for anyone that aren't going to be reciprocated, but as always, it's a struggle. Again, if I just take a step back and not get so wrapped up in things, I should be fine. Keeping some parts of your heart closed off isn't such a bad idea, at least for the early stages of any relationship. I've started to think I should just walk up to people that I find interesting and attractive and just ask them out for coffee. Good conversation is hard to come by and I sort of pride myself on it...but if I give myself too much time to think about things, all that comes to mind is how much I want to "be with" the person, and that's not healthy.

Work is very average, although I was Employee of the Month for May (LOL), so I get a parking spot and a free personal day, which I will be using for San Diego. I'm training on something else this week, trying to make myself more well-rounded when dealing with various billing issues. Ok, I'm boring myself so I'm not going to talk about that anymore.

Saturday was one of the finest days I've had in a while. Of course, everything is better when you're winning, but my friends were awesome nonetheless. Everytime I start to lose faith in them, I know that something will happen to bring us back together. God works in mysterious ways.

I want to take a second here to mention how my faith has helped me through some of the rough times (heartbreak, financial problems, friend issues, family problems, sicknesses) in my life. I know that not everyone is a believer in the same system of beliefs as I have, but I hope you all have some sort of faith in your lives. It just makes things so much easier to handle when you believe that everything, good and bad, is something to offer up to a higher power. I believe that God will get me through everything.


Songs of the Second:
Anberlin - Autobahn (from the VAULT)
Relient K - Come Right Out and Say It
Say Anything - Wow, I Can Get Sexual, Too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home