Monday, October 24, 2005

Growing Up?

First of all, before I forget, check this out:

A New Level of Mising

So yeah, I've been doing a lot of growing up lately. And of course by that I mean just working and schooling it up to the point where I just don't have time for much else. I made a decision to quit gaming (MTG) altogether, but it's really difficult to do it cold turkey, and if I don't than I'll just get sucked back in. Most of my friends are at least part-time gamers, but at this point our friendships are all very good and we don't need gaming to carry us. That being said, after talking with Westfall last night I realized just how much I crave competition in my life. Saran won a PTQ, and although I'm extremely happy for him, I'm also a little jealous to be honest. I still feel like I could win easily at that level, but without the time/resources to spend, it's just not worth it. I guess it just so happens that this particular Pro Tour is in Honolulu during Spring Break, making the payoff actually worth it for once (free airfare), but for the most part sitting in those rooms with a bunch of idiots spouting nonsense just isn't for me anymore.

The problem is, I'm not sure what IS for me at this point, and filling that void in my life has been difficult so far. I still want to read gaming websites and stuff for lack of better things to do, and overall familiarity with that world keeps me wanting to know the latest updates. It sorta reminds me of wrestling, how I rarely watch anymore, but yet I read the websites that talk about it because I want to know what's going on in case I ever DO start watching hardcore again. Who knows, but any suggestions for ways to compete in my life would be welcome...especially social things because I've been missing out on those, too.

Strangely enough, I feel very good about moving forward in my life despite some uncertainty on the job front (we were bought out and might cause me to have to find a new job/xfer to another location) as well as the school front (still not really sure what I'm doing there). My weight loss has leveled off but I'm still taking much better care of myself. I want to get a new car pretty soon as well as move out, so we'll see how those things go. I NEED to make progress before winter hits hard on the new car, since Betsy just isn't going to make it much longer.

Songs of the Second:

Ludo - Hum Along (I've been listening to this on repeat for like a week)
HORSE the Band - Cutsman
Allister - Overrated

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home