Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Who Cares? Grow Up!

You know something? I've put way too much stock in the past. I think it's time to let it go and get on with my life. I failed, big deal, it happens. I'm far from perfect, and it's unrealistic to hold myself up to the standard of never messing up. I fell into a rut, but come on now, it's been nearly 4 years since that happened and it's time to shake it off and get going on the right track. I've made some strides in recent months but I think it's time to take those strides to the next level. Put some effort into school and work and really make life good again. I've said this before, but I think I mean it this time. Granted, I don't know exactly what I want to do, but I do know that I don't want to be in this rut anymore and school is a way out. I'm tired of looking around at my friends like Sean, Mazzola, Brian Nally, and many more and seeing success while I drag myself around feeling sorry for myself and not doing anything about it. So this is my mission statement and some goals for the upcoming year.

1. Continue my education while searching for academic focus.

2. Get out of debt

3. Move out

4. Regain my focus at MTG, since I'm clearly pretty good at the game and enjoy it.

5. Live life like it's the last day of school (aka Carpe Diem)

6. Avoid bad relationships. This means romantically and socially.

7. Stop being so melodramatic...just because it makes for a good story doesn't mean that it has to become one.

9. Learn to count.

10. Try to find validation within myself and not worry so much about what others think.

11. Continue to be the best friend that I can be.

12. Listen more, talk less.

13. Get fresh on the mic, like a milkman on duty

14. Improve my health and overall well-being.

15. Return to intellectualism a bit. (especially in daily lingo)

Man, I need to get my music off of my other computer's hard drive. There's a ton of platinum hits on there, songs that I want access to at all times.

Songs of the Second:

Jimmy Eat World - Work
Relient K - Be My Escape
Unwritten Law - Save Me
Senses Fail - Buried a Lie
Mae - Suspension

Movie of the Minute:
Glengarry Glen Ross (Always Be Closing)

1 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Matt said...

We live life, like it's the last day of schoooooooooooooool, so do whatcha wanna do. (See Madden 05)

Also, a tip on hanging out with friends after school/work (I had to deal with it after construction and I was having problems) is to not take naps if possible. Just get on a regular sleep schedule. Not sure if that helps but it worked for me.

As for #13, I couldn't agree more.

Peace, Westfall

 

Post a Comment

<< Home