Friday, February 04, 2005

Getting A Job

"Get a job, get a job."

--Mr. Gagliardi

During the summer while he cut the grass on his riding mower, he would pass my window at 10 am when I was invariably sleeping and scream that out. Like some sort of demented chorus, I probably have heard those words a few thousand times over the course of the past 8 months since I left my last job. During that time, I went back to school and got myself on the right track for the first time in forever. Unfortunately for me, my dad decided now would be a good time to start charging for room and board, which means that my finances are in a state of ruin as usual. Unlike in the past where I just figured out a way to spend money I don't have (nods towards Sean), I did what any sensible person would do and finally caved and got a job.

I'm now a pharmacy tech at Neighborcare, a giant pharmacy with no customer that fills scripts for nursing homes. It's tedious and the hours are kind of rough in conjunction with school, but hey, I need the cash so whatever. Sadly, it puts a rather large damper on my plans to travel to various MTG events such as this weekends GP: Boston (gl guys). In fact, I have to be at work in an hour, which sorta bites. This week, with training, school, and my normal work hours, I am taking a vicious beating.

I do have off for the Super Bowl, and I think I may root for the Patriots after all, if for no other reason than to root for the giant bag to win, since we all know he's going to, and to hate on all the Eagles bandwagoners (not a word). I'll do a post on the game itself with more detailed predictions later.

I watched the Royal Rumble this passed Sunday, and I have to say that it was awesome. I'm considering watching wrestling again, so if anyone wants to join me, let me know so that I can have someone else to be a giant dork with. Also on the horizon is Fantasy Baseball, Pro Tour: Atlanta, and perhaps some servings.

Movie of the Minute: You Got Served

Song of the Second: Everclear - Strawberry

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home